Friday, March 19, 2010

Foodie Beginnings

Things you will find in this blog –
A variety of LA and Detroit (Warren), MI area restaurant reviews. As well as restaurant reviews from wherever else my traveling wanderlust takes me.

Rachel’s Recipe Reviews (Triple R threat! Say that 3x fast!) – I’m always experimenting and tweaking new dishes that I find from a variety of online and print sources. I’m always on the hunt to find that flavor or to try that new ingredient.

COMFORT FOOD. There is no denying that I love comfort food and that means you will find all things mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, burgers, pasta, etc. on here. I also love ethnic foods, including but not limited to, Mexican, Greek, Indian, Korean, Japanese, Thai, Polish, German, Irish, etc. And when it comes to my flavor favorites I love bringing out those bitter/sour notes, i.e. sauerkraut, pickled veggies, beer, etc.

Things You Won’t Find in this Blog
Shredded Coconut and certain other sweet treats. We all have texture issues and shredded coconut and orange juice pulp top my list. I will have no entrees that are sweetened or have sweet sauce. This actually dates way back to growing up with a type one diabetic mom, which meant limited sugar intake, and can be attributed to my lack of a sweet tooth for dinner. And despite my love of savory dishes sometimes I subconsciously omit salt from certain recipes because I can’t stand things too salty.

No comments:

Post a Comment